Thursday, April 23, 2009

Running ...in a skirt???


Ever since I began training for the half-marathon I am constantly on different women's running websites. I always read about training tips, running routes, and training gear. I was looking at womensrunningworld.com today and they were listing other sites that focused solely on women.


I came across a website named skirtsports.com. It had all kinds of clothing for sale; cute stuff too.


That's when I saw the idea behind the website; spandex running skirts. What?? Running in a skirt?? Yes, they have spandex shorts underneath but don't you think women get harassed enough by sweaty truckers beeping their foghorns as they pass a woman trying to stay in shape??? The shorts even come with cutsie names like, the "City Girl" skirt and the "Happy Hour" skirt. They both come in pink, of course.


I think this is the most ridiculous idea yet. Well, maybe the price of $58 is more ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment